Website Update!

rish.pythonanywhere.com/home
I've finally updated my website! I now realize I never blogged about it, though it should have been the first thing I wrote about. I love it dearly. I've designed it in a way that makes it a very effective way for me to keep track of the major professional events in my life. I created it when I was in my junior year, when I started applying for internships for the summer. I figured instead of sending boring resumes all around, a simple link and a fancy cover letter would do the trick. I later realized most Indian companies aren't of the same opinion, and that they are accustommed to those dull resumes, but nevertheless the website helped me learn a lot. For starters, I got a deeper hold on Python Flask and deploying it to the web.

I started the website with two basic intentions; one to keep a track of all the projects I've done, and second a place to store my favorite music, and analyze how they change over time. I ended up doing neither. Maintaining frequently changing lists is too difficult, and with no more than 10-100 unique visitors a month, I really felt no motivation. The entire process of making this online portfolio helped me in a couple of ways though - I found websites of so many interesting people to all of whom I wrote an email to. It also helped me create an online identity - something I feel is quite important. What's the first thing you do when you've met this really interesting person and want to know more about him? You google his name, search for his social media/github and stalk, stalk, stalk.

People whose websites I liked  - Vik Paruchuri, Mike Penz, Hemanth Soni. Their designs have changed slightly since I first saw them, but they're still good websites.

I really want to buy a good domain. My github handle, crearo (where the name has come from is an interesting story, but for another blogpost) is taken. bhardwajrish.com is slightly longer than I'd have wanted it to be. bhardwaj.com is for obvious reasons not available. Sigh.

Well! The next steps for the website are as follows -

  • A list of books that I've read. This is quite important, and it isnt a list that will be updated more than once a month or two.
  • Inbuilt blog that reads the posts from my blogger.com blog and displays them directly on the website, instead of redirecting here.
-

View the website at rish.pythonanywhere.com/home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Breaking News] AI takes over universe to calculate Pi

Firebase Auth | The Debug vs Release Signature Problem

Cold Showers