She's a canvas

The first time I met her, she was a canvas. A mystery, a piece of art yet to be painted. Was she 25? Was she 30? She looked like she had a grip on life. Like she knew what she was doing and why she was here.

She moved her hair away from falling in front of her eyes. "Hi", I said breaking the invisible barrier. "You're gorgeous and I want to get to know you" is what I wanted to say. We spoke for an hour of things she was working on while sitting there, of things I was working on while sitting there. I felt as though I had uncovered a brush stroke on this artwork I was unravelling. 

The next we met, we spoke of the stars and the universe, of our pasts and of our plans. There was depth beyond what one first sees. Getting to know the state of mind of the artist during the creation of the now finished piece you're looking at.

The third time we met, she told me of her traumas. Of her struggles and of her worries. I realized then that what was once a mystery was now in plain sight. 

Art? Yes. And she was human just like the rest of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Breaking News] AI takes over universe to calculate Pi

Firebase Auth | The Debug vs Release Signature Problem

Finding My Parter