A picture is worth a thousand words. A video worth a million?

Given a short 10 minute video by your favorite YouTube channel (or say your favorite director) or a 5 page article written by the best author (or again, your favorite author) on the same topic, which medium would you prefer?

A blog is in my opinion, not read by as many people as a series of videos on the same topic.  People are inherently lazy. Unless you're an avid reader, you are most probable to watch the video rather than reading the same thing.
Or maybe it's context dependent. I would rather prefer reading Oliver Twist than watching it. But I'd rather watch a video on my univ cryptography course than read a chapter from the prescribed book.

Last year I spent over 4 hours on my train journey from college to home, writing about every project I've ever worked on. Do go through my /portfolio section here.

Chances are, if you opened the link above, you would have just skimmed through the titles, maybe read a couple that interested you. Analytics on the website showed me people spend approximately 10 seconds on this page. That definitely means they haven't read more than a couple projects. Maybe just one.

And so the aim of the /portfolio section is lost. I thought of adding images and screenshots of every project, maybe highlighting the important points in the description.

Instead, I could take 15-45 second videos of each one of them. Explaining the working of them and showing you exactly how it works.

A picture is worth a thousand words. A video worth a million words?
I'm not sure. But I'll start uploading under 1 minute videos of the interesting things I've worked on so far.

Comments

  1. Keep Writing! Your posts are refreshing, at least to me they are on a boring Monday afternoon :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then I'm glad these posts are worth writing :) I'm going to update soon. Have lots of events to share!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[Breaking News] AI takes over universe to calculate Pi

Firebase Auth | The Debug vs Release Signature Problem

Cold Showers