Blog update & A Writer's Dilemma

I haven't written in a whole month and a half, courtesy my 70 hour work week, and weekends away at my friends'. I have a huge list of things I'd like to write about scribbled[1] in my Google Keep - there are things from over a year ago now that I haven't published, and wish I did for they seem less relevant to me now.
For example, I made a list of qualities I wished to see in a Professor at University and never ended up publishing - but now that's in the past and what seems more relevant to my life at this moment is writing about how startups should function and a list of qualities I'd like to see in my work mentor. This is what I call a writer's dilemma. What were once matters of consequence[2] make little sense to write about now, and never will I come back to the time when these things hold as much relevance as they did at the time they were thought of and noted.

Anyway, to rid myself of the guilt of not having written in so long, I spent the morning of my first holiday in a very long time to redesign my blog. To be honest, the previous design seemed like no design at all; there was literally nothing on the page other than the archive list and the posts! I've updated to Material Design, and I love the way each post fits into perfectly spaced cards laid out on the grey background. The blue links provide just enough color from making the blog look lifeless - still as simplistic, though very pleasing to my eye.

The cover image is the contrast between the colorless lives our little hearts are stuck in, sitting in the lantern room of a lighthouse searching for a world we'd rather live in, by the river, somewhere in the mountains. [3]

-

[1] I wish we could literally scribble on phones. During university, there was this time in my sophomore year when I was absolutely fed up of carrying my mobile phone everywhere. The only compelling reason for me to carry it around was the inbuilt calendar and Keep, to jot down interesting thoughts to ponder over later. So, I bought a tiny diary and a pencil, and for over a month or so carried that around in my wallet. The habit faded away slowly for I started feeling disconnected and I went back to carrying my mobile and using Keep. I still don't use Whatsapp on my primary phone though.

[2] Hit me up if you know where this reference is from :)

[3] If I were modern day Monet, this would sell for a million dollars, wouldn't it? :D
And I'm joking, I cooked up that intensely deep blabber right as I uploaded the image here :D All I really wanted as the cover image was a color/colorless contrast with mountains, a fancy looking building. But I ought to say I'm impressed with my photoshopping skills. [4]

[4] Okay, I'll say it, I use gimp. I work on Linux. But gimping skills sounds hilarious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Breaking News] AI takes over universe to calculate Pi

Firebase Auth | The Debug vs Release Signature Problem

Cold Showers