Mission Impossible VI : Home Hunt.

Mission Impossible VI : Home Hunt.

Relatively difficult things in life :
- Finding a place to work at.
- Then finding a place to live in.
Repeat those once every 3-5 years.

There are just way too many factors that you have to take into consideration while finding a suitable place to live. If the rooms are nice, the hall is too small. If the house looks good from the inside, it's a mess on the outside. If the home is at a convenient location and the rooms are good enough, the rent is too high.

These online websites that attempt to make the world a better place by helping you find a place to live in, like commonfloor, nestaway, nobrokers, yada yada just do not work out. None of them capture the essentials each one of us is looking for while home hunting, probably because such human intuition just cannot be captured. A place that radiates a homely vibe to me may not to you. What feels right to me might just not to you. However, I've been trying to observe my thinking pattern while looking at all these homes. I start with the construction of the building and look for a safe place to keep my bicycle. I love brick/stone walls, even if they're decor - it's a win as soon as I see it. Wooden gates and green climbers are a yes. I look for kids playing on the street and the number of vehicles parked and passing by. As soon as I enter, I see the lock on the front door - yes it may seem silly and though I can get it changed, we usually never do so because of human laziness.  Before I see the size of room, I glance at the walls and the tiling. I love white walls and wood texture furniture. I notice the padding/intersection between the floor and the wall. It's surprising how many homes in Bangalore have yellow/green walls. Just pure ugly. Then comes the size of the room, whether washrooms are attached to the room or if there's one room with a common washroom. The size and orientation of the kitchen and if there's enough space to keep the fridge inside. And finally, the Internet, water supply and electricity issues.

-

This is difficult.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Breaking News] AI takes over universe to calculate Pi

Firebase Auth | The Debug vs Release Signature Problem

Cold Showers