C'est La Vie

I learnt a funny lesson recently. This is not a rant, but really something anyone should note for the future! TL;DR: Put Sunday as your last working day - even though it isn't a working day.

I sent an email during my last week of internship stating Friday, 28th April would be my last working day at the company. Accustomed to receiving the same amount every month over the past 5 months, I noticed a 2 days cut this time. I was surprised - I didn't take an ungranted leave, and I swiped every day of the month - I even worked on a couple of Saturdays. Why'd they cut? So I did what anyone else would do - I wrote an email to the woman who handles finances and asked her quite politely as to why this was done.

"Rishabh, you notified us that 28th April would be your last working day. Hence, you have not been paid for 29th and 30th April."
"Whaaa! But that's extremely silly! Those two days were weekend days, they aren't even official working days! And the funny thing is, I even came on Saturday to push all my code gitlab!"

Now the woman I was talking to is a very kind lady, and here's what she said.

"I know Rishabh, but that is the policy we follow. Had you notified us with 30th April as your last day there would not have been a cut. Better yet, since May 1st (Monday) was an off on account of Labour Day, we'd have paid you for that day too if you mentioned that as your last working day!"

-

Such is life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Breaking News] AI takes over universe to calculate Pi

Firebase Auth | The Debug vs Release Signature Problem

Cold Showers